Mekong Eyes Cruise Itinerary 2 days
The Mekong Eyes combines regional boat-building traditions with modern comforts to become the perfect holiday vessel to cruise the Mekong Delta in style. At 39 m long and 8.5 m wide, the Mekong Eyes river cruiser was built out of an old, traditional rice barge with the finest quality wood, and artfully decorated by skilled craftsmen of the Mekong Delta.
Why Mekong Eyes? – One of the traditional ceremonies performed on a newly constructed Mekong boat is the “eye opening”. The eyes are painted on the bow for good luck, a wide-awake crew and fast and safe journeys.
The river cruise boat can comfortably accommodate up to 30 passengers on a large area of approx. 250 m2, it’s like a floating hotel:
There are 15 lavishly furnished twin and double rooms, each with a private bathroom with shower and hot water, wardrobe, air-conditioning and fan. The rooms are well insulated against climate and sound, and all offer a fantastic panoramic view of the Mekong river.
There is a large dining room in the lower deck, where you can enjoy culinary specialities of Vietnam or a sundowner in the cosy bar.
A stylish upper-deck inside panorma lounge invites you to sit back and take in the impressions of the fantastic scenery and the busy every day life on the river.
On the top deck you will find an open sitting area and sun deck with breathtaking views. While you are basking on the sun deck our friendly staff will pamper you with cool drinks and freshly cooked delicacies.
Our crew will do their utmost to provide you with all the services and comfort you need during your Mekong Delta cruise. The captain and his deck hand as well as the engineer are in charge of the technical details and the routing. An experienced chef and sevice staff will take you on a culinary journey through Vietnam. A local guide will explain the life and culture of the Mekong Delta to you and answer any questions you might have. Our staff also get regular safety trainings.
DAY 01: PANORAMA RIVER CRUISE
• In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon and take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
• In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
• Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
DAY 02: CAI RANG – CAI BE FLOATING MARKET
• Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
• After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
• In the afternoon after brunch / lunch, we will take you back to your hotel in Saigon.
• Only one child under 6 year olds can share the cabin with parents, free of charge.
• Children aged from 6 – 11 year olds will be charged 50% of adult’s rate.
• Children from 12 years old will be charged as the same as adults.
• Cruise schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
• Unused services are not subject to a refund.
• Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, visa expiry date for all passengers.
• Surcharge of 25% will be added for cruises on December 24 & 31 and Lunar New Year Eve.
• A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
• Credit cards accepted on board: Amex, Visa and MasterCard.
• Trip itinerary and routing as described in the itinerary
• English speaking guide
• Guided walk and side trips on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
• Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
• Mineral water placed in your cabin
• Tax and service charge
• Road transfer from / to Saigon
• Drinks are not included in the price (except the mineral water in your cabin).
• Beauty services and massage
• Tips and personal expenses
• All other services not mentioned above