Le Cochinchine Cruise Itinerary 3 days
Le Cochinchine is a modern and tastefully designed river barge. Built in traditional style Le Cochinchine measures around 30 meters long from bow to stern and has two 420 HP engines , one in back up, making Le Cochinchine a very powerful and safe river vessel.
Le Cochinchine offers an elegant, relaxing and fulfilling ways to explore endless water way of Mekong River. The cruise brings us into contact with people in different corner of the Delta . With Le Cochinchine, you will have ample opportunity to see Vietnam in its authenticity and sample local culture and food, in a one unpacking, unforgettable vacation where your “floating hotel” get you insight into Mekong Delta and quaint villages.
Aboard Le Cochinchine you will enjoy the continuous and ever-changing scenery as you encounter a lively world of legendary waterways and picturesque landscapes, floating markets, lush bonsais garden, rice fields, villages, pagodas and temples, fruit-filled orchards, boat laden bazaar and a host of smiling children.
DAY 01: CAI BE – MY THUAN – SA DEC (L, D)
• In the morning we pick you up at meeting in Saigon and take you to Cai Be.
• 11.00-11h30 boarding LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
• LeCochinchine continues sets sails to Caithia while lunch is served on boat.
• Embark on a lovely cycling excursion on the bank of the peninsula browsing several verdant villages. Visit of the gardens and orchards, local houses and ample opportunity meet with people and get insight into Delta life Visit Caodai temple on the way to Mythuan.
• Continue our cruise toward Sadec, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river
• Visit the lively Sadec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras.
• Walks along the village path and get yourself acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields: rice fields, and vegetable farms, fish farms.
• Back to our boat for a cruise down stream. Relax on boat while sipping an aperitif .
• Dinner and overnight on board.
DAY 02: CAI THIA – VINH LONG – TRAON (B, L, D)
• Breakfast on board on the Mekong.
• Visit Binh Hoa Phuoc island and go for walk walk through the islets, sampling native fruits viewing local handicraft production and meet the local people.
• Transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway , local pop-rice and sweets production.
• Visit of old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
• LeCochinchine continues its cruise to Cochien. Lunch served on board
• Embark on a pleasant walk on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people’s activities. Visit a cottage industry , a local farm and sample seasonal fruits.
• Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Open bar and rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Le Cochinchine is cruising Mang Thit river.
• Dinner and night on board.
DAY 03: TRAON – CAN THO (B)
• Breakfast on board
• The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day our boat set sails to Cantho through tributary and canals.
• Transfer to Cairang: one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk along the canals and the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards, ship building yards, rural and water activities in full swing.
• Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
• 11 h00 Disembark in Cantho. The cruise concludes.
• Transfer back to Saigon. Arrive in Saigon. End services.
• Only one child under 6 year olds can share the cabin with parents, free of charge.
• Children aged from 6 – 11 year olds will be charged 50% of adult’s rate.
• Children from 12 years old will be charged as the same as adults.
• Cruise schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
• Unused services are not subject to a refund.
• Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, visa expiry date for all passengers.
• Surcharge of 20% will be added for cruises on December 24 & 31 and Lunar New Year Eve.
• A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
• Credit cards accepted on board: Amex, Visa and MasterCard.
• 3 days cruise with stops and visits as stated with English /French-speaking escort.
• 2 nights accommodation on board.
• Meal as mentioned during the cruise ( B=Breakfast, L = Lunch, D=Dinner)
• Admission fee at visiting points as mentioned in the program.
• Biking, sampan boat ride,
• Services of crews during the cruise.
• Group insurance
• Visa approval and fees for Vietnam or Cambodia.
• Travel insurance
• Ground transfer from hotel in Ho Chi Minh City to pier in Mekong or v.v.
• Expenditure of personal nature such as drinks, tips, souvenirs, laundry, etc.,