Le Cochinchine Cruise from Angkor to Saigon Itinerary 7 days
Le Cochinchine is a modern and tastefully designed river barge. Built in traditional style Le Cochinchine measures around 30 meters long from bow to stern and has two 420 HP engines , one in back up, making Le Cochinchine a very powerful and safe river vessel.
Le Cochinchine offers an elegant, relaxing and fulfilling ways to explore endless water way of Mekong River. The cruise brings us into contact with people in different corner of the Delta . With Le Cochinchine, you will have ample opportunity to see Vietnam in its authenticity and sample local culture and food, in a one unpacking, unforgettable vacation where your “floating hotel” get you insight into Mekong Delta and quaint villages.
Aboard Le Cochinchine you will enjoy the continuous and ever-changing scenery as you encounter a lively world of legendary waterways and picturesque landscapes, floating markets, lush bonsais garden, rice fields, villages, pagodas and temples, fruit-filled orchards, boat laden bazaar and a host of smiling children.
DAY 01 : ANGKOR WAT TEMPLE (D)
• Today we will Visit Prasat Kravan with its unique brick sculptures and Ta Prohm. One of the area’s most beautiful temples, Ta Prohm has been relatively untouched since it was discovered and retains much of its mystery. Its appeal lies in the fact that, unlike the other monuments of Angkor, it was abandoned and swallowed by the jungle, looking very much the ways most of the Angkor temples appeared when European explorers first stumbled upon them. Visit as well Takeo, Chau Say Tevoda and Thommanon.
• Dinner and overnight at Prince d’Angkor hotel.
DAY 02 : ANGKOR WAT (B,L,D)
• Breakfast at hotel.
• In the morning, visit the most famous of all the temples on the plain of Angkor: Angkor Wat. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodian flag and the 12th century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture. Angkor Wat’s five towers symbolize Meru’s five peaks – the enclosed wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world and the surrounding moat, the ocean beyond.
• Lunch at local restaurant. Aftenroon visit the ancient capital of Angkor Thom (12th century). See the South Gate with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephants Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and Bayon Temple (unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara), until sunset. Dinner local restaurant and accommodation at hotel. Tonight we will enjoy diner with traditional Khmer folk performance of Apsara.Overnight at Prince d’Angkor hotel in Siemriep
DAY 03: SIEMREAP – PHNOMPENH (B,L,D)
• Breakfast at the hotel. We then visit Banteay Srei temple (10th c), regarded as the jewel in the crown of Classical Khmer Art. Continue to Ta Prohm, one of the area’s most beautiful temples. Ta Prohm has been relatively untouched since it was discovered and retains much of its mystery. Lunch at hotel. In the afternoon, transfer to airport for the flight to Phnompenh. Arrival transfer to the hotel. At leisure to walk in the city and and explore the local market. Dinner at local restaurant and overnight at hotel.
DAY 04: PHNOMPENH – CHAU DOC (B,L,D)
• Breakfast at hotel followed by the city tour.
• A visit to Phnom Penh is a very interesting experience indeed. It is a city with an interesting pulse and it gives you a very true taste of Asia. We will visit the Wats Phnom, National museum, silver Pagoda and Royal Palace. Afternoon we will take the boat to Chaudoc, the boat ride leaves at 13pm and arrives Chaudoc at 5pm. Enjoy the cocktail drink on sundeck. Diner and overnight on boat.
DAY 05: CHAU DOC -CHO MOI- LONG XUYEN (B,L,D)
• This morning we take a sampan for a cruise through the floating fish-farm village producing tons and tons of fish beneath hundreds of floating houses, discover the ethnic Cham village with famous Mubarak Mosque and observe local women at their traditional weaving.
• The Le Cochinchine boat set sails torward Longxuyen while we enjoy cocktail over the sunset and spectacle scenary along the river bank when the sun come down.
• Overnight on board
DAY 06: LONG XUYEN – SA DEC- MY THUAN (B,L,D)
• Explore the long Xuyen market one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging and jostling for space as owners attempt to sell their goods. Visit Culao OngHo and enjoy the scenery and walk /cycle to visit villages the island, passing by farmers, children, villagers tendering their daily load. See local farmers trading their produce on the water as they have done for centuries. You will have a unique opportunity to discover a side of Delta life that few travellers experience. Board our boat and leisurely cruise down the Mekong River while enjoy aperitif with canapé .
• Le Cochinchinedrops anchor at the entry of Longxuyen for the night.
• Dinner and overnight on board Lecochinche.
DAY 07: CAIBE FLOATING MARKET (B)
• After breakfast on board over splendid sunrise on the Mekong.
• Explore the lively Cai Be floating market in early morning.
• Walking amongst the lush vegetation to visit the handicraft villages and meet with local people.
• Sightseeing the old house and sample various tropical fruits.
• A small boat trip through rivulets of Tan Phong islands. A pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the village to discover tropical fruit orchards.
• 11 h00 Disembark in Caibe. Transfer to Saigon.The cruise concludes.
• Only one child under 6 year olds can share the cabin with parents, free of charge.
• Children aged from 6 – 11 year olds will be charged 50% of adult’s rate.
• Children from 12 years old will be charged as the same as adults.
• Cruise schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
• Unused services are not subject to a refund.
• Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, visa expiry date for all passengers.
• Surcharge of 20% will be added for cruises on December 24 & 31 and Lunar New Year Eve.
• A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
• Credit cards accepted on board: Amex, Visa and MasterCard.
• Boat ride from Chaudoc to Phnompenh-Phnompenh -Siemreap.
• All accommodation on the Le Cochinchine boat and at the hotels ( Sunway hotel, Prince d’Angkor hotel)
• Meals as indicated ( B= breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Diner
• Admission fees and permits where applicable
• Land transportation
• Airport transfers
• Service of crew
• English speaking guide on board
• Pre/post trip arrangement
• Travel insurance
• Visa fee (Visa fee on arrival at Cambodia border: 25USD, 1 photo 3x4cm).
• Other personal expenses
Le Cochinchine Cruise from Angkor to Saigon Itinerary 7 days,