Dragon Eyes Cruise Itinerary 2 days
This tour is available with the wooden cruise vessels Mekong Eyes (15 cabins) and the exclusive Dragon Eyes (2 cabins).
Our cruise boat tours leave from Can Tho to Cai Be (on odd dates, e. g. Sept 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.) or from Cai Be to Can Tho (on even dates, e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.). Daily departures.
If you are staying in Saigon, we will pick you up at your hotel in Saigon and will take you back there after the end of the Mekong Delta cruise tour.
DAY 01: PANORAMA RIVER CRUISE
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon and take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
DAY 02: CAI RANG – CAI BE FLOATING MARKET
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
In the afternoon after brunch / lunch, we will take you back to your hotel in Saigon.
• Only one child under 6 year olds can share the cabin with parents, free of charge.
• Children aged from 6 – 11 year olds will be charged 50% of adult’s rate.
• Children from 12 years old will be charged as the same as adults.
• Cruise schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
• Unused services are not subject to a refund.
• Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, visa expiry date for all passengers.
• Surcharge of 25% will be added for cruises on December 24 & 31 and Lunar New Year Eve.
• A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
• Credit cards accepted on board: Amex, Visa and MasterCard.
• Trip itinerary and routing as described in the itinerary
• English speaking guide
• Guided walk and side trips on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
• Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
• Mineral water placed in your cabin
• Tax and service charge
• Road transfer from / to Saigon
• Drinks are not included in the price (except the mineral water in your cabin).
• Beauty services and massage
• Tips and personal expenses
• All other services not mentioned above